©2010Ė2020 Apsis Therapeutics, Ltd. All rights reserved.
APSIS Discovery Strategies:
1. Terminating viral enzymatic synthesis of nucleic acids:
DENV, EBOV, Zika, HCV RNA Polymerase Inhibitors
2. Eliminating viral nucleic acids:
Viral DNA cleaving oligonucleotide analogues-protein complexes (Cas9-lgRNATM ):
Apsis Discovery Platforms:
1. Our lead programs target viral DNA and RNA synthesis by developing selective inhibitors of† nucleoside and nucleotide analogues. The biological targets include HIV reverse transcriptase, HBV polymerase, and viral RNA dependent RNA polymerase. APSISís synthetic technologies (PurSelecTM, ntpLibraryTM) provide access to nucleoside and nucleotide libraries, which are applied to viral polymerases and human polymerases to develop new antiviral agents with low cytotoxicity and with high efficacy against multiple drug resistant viral variants.
2. We develop nucleotide prodrugs for better drug properties and bypassing the first phosphorylation as a limiting activation step. Other programs are based on nucleotide prodrugs as antiviral agents for cell-selective delivery and bypassing drug efflux proteins.†
3. Engineered CRISPR-Cas9 (Cas9-lgRNATM) to remove viral DNAs.